When it comes to business insurance, there are a number of factors to consider, such as coverage, deductibles, and compliance requirements. However, one thing you generally don’t have to worry about is whether the insurance company is financially sound. This is because insurance companies are heavily regulated by the government and are required to maintain adequate reserves to meet their obligations.
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for managed IT service providers (MSPs). While there are many reputable MSPs in the market, there are also a number of providers who are more interested in collecting monthly fees than in providing quality service.
The Hidden Risks of Managed IT Services
On the surface, managed IT services can seem like a great deal. For a fixed monthly fee, you can get access to a team of IT professionals who can monitor your network, manage your security, and provide support when needed. However, there are a number of hidden risks associated with managed IT services:
- Lack of transparency: Many MSPs do not provide their clients with clear information about the services they are providing or the level of support they are committed to. This can make it difficult for clients to assess whether they are getting what they are paying for.
- Poor communication: MSPs are often slow to respond to client inquiries and can be difficult to get on the phone when you need help. This can be frustrating and can lead to problems being unresolved for extended periods of time.
- Lack of expertise: Not all MSPs have the expertise to effectively manage and secure their clients’ IT environments. This can lead to security breaches, data loss, and other problems.
- Financial instability: Some MSPs are not financially stable and may go out of business without warning. This can leave clients without IT support and can make it difficult to recover data.
How to Choose a Managed IT Service Provider
If you are considering using a managed IT service provider, it is important to do your research and choose a provider that is reputable and has a proven track record of providing quality service. Here are a few things to look for:
- Transparency: Ask the provider to provide you with a clear and concise explanation of the services they are providing and the level of support they are committed to.
- Communication: Make sure the provider is responsive to inquiries and is easy to get on the phone when you need help.
- Expertise: Ask the provider about their experience and qualifications. Make sure they have the expertise to effectively manage and secure your IT environment.
- Financial stability: Check the provider’s financial references to make sure they are a stable company.
Managed IT services can be a valuable asset to businesses of all sizes. However, it is important to be aware of the risks associated with managed IT services and to choose a provider carefully. By doing your research and asking the right questions, you can reduce the risk of choosing a provider who will not meet your needs.
To learn how WingSwept can provide your company well-founded peace of mind, call us at 919-779-0954 or email us at Team_WingSwept@WingSwept.com.