WingSwept is a local IT consulting company helping small to medium sized businesses leverage technology, minimize downtime, and secure business. WingSwept has been delivering peace of mind since 1995, and focuses on businesses in Garner, surrounding areas in North Carolina, and provides certain services nationwide.
If you want to be able to hit “send” but have the email stay in your outbox for a time, use the following rule. When it is in your outbox, you are able to re-open it and make changes without using the Recall feature!
- In Outlook, go to the Tools menu Rules and Alerts
- Click on New Rule
- Click Start From a Blank Rule
- Highlight Check Messages After Sending, then click Next
- Do not select any checkboxes showing, then click Next
- Answer Yes to dialog box asking if this applies to all messages
- Select the last checkbox – Defer delivery by X minutes
- Under Step 2 that now shows, click on minutes
- Edit number of minutes you would like the delay to last (suggested delay 2 minutes), Click OK and Next
- Decide if you want an exception – Some use “Importance” to have emails go immediately
- Name your rule and click Finish! You can now go grab and delete from out Outbox for 2 minutes if you realize you didn’t mean to send a certain email