Our Team Member Spotlight lets you learn more about the people behind the company and those employees that are on the other side of your pc or phone, working with you and your technology to help you reach your business objectives.
Meet: Ethan Mabry, Systems Analyst
1. What is your role? Systems Analyst – My job is to be the front lines for the tickets that come into our office. We sift through all of the tickets that we can handle quickly to decrease the amount of tickets that flow up to the escalation sources. The more tickets a T1 tech can handle, the more focus and attention our co-workers can invest into the more demanding issues.
2. How long have you been at WingSwept? I’ve been working with WingSwept for 7 months now.
3. When did you get your first computer? My love for computers all started with my Dad; He’s been working IT since his time in the Air Force. He built our first computer when I was about 7, and I spent most of my waking time trying to get on it to see how it ticked. This started with me taking it apart and my Dad coming home to a pile of parts, to me subverting the administrator locks on the machine so I can play video games after everyone went to sleep. The more I explore technology, the more I find fascinating and I just keep wanting more.
4. What is your favorite technology? I really enjoy playing games, however in my ‘constructive time’, I enjoy trying to take high-end enterprise tech and simplifying them to make it useful and affordable for the average household users. Computers are like cars in this sense, if you want to see what’s going to be standard issue a couple of years in the future, just look up to the high dollar imports to see what cool things they have to offer.
5. What are your favorite activities on your days off? I really enjoy playing games, however in my ‘constructive time’, I enjoy trying to take high-end enterprise tech and simplifying them to make it useful and affordable for the average household users. Computers are like cars in this sense, if you want to see what’s going to be standard issue a couple of years in the future, just look up to the high dollar imports to see what cool things they have to offer.
6. What is your favorite thing to do? My favorite thing to do changes with the season. Some days I love working on cars, other days I love playing games, shooting sports, flying quad-copters. I try to enjoy everything as much as I can.
7. Mac or PC? PC all of the way! Yes, it can be a labor of love, but you can’t legally build a mac out of a pile of parts..
8. Before WingSwept, what was the most unusual/ interesting job you’ve had? Security Installation for corporate environments. Ranging from government funded research facilities to mom and pop stores, I’ve seen some very crazy things and met a lot of really good people.
9. What is the craziest thing on your bucket list? I want to sky dive with one of those squirrel suits and fly along a mountain range.. Preferably the Swiss Alps!
10. If given the chance, who would you like to be for a day? Gabe Newell – President of Valve Corporation
11. What has been your favorite IT project? My favorite IT project was routing about 300 network cables into a server room and routing everything to the patch panel with the exact length everything needed to be. I can’t go into detail about what the project was, but being able to put on some music through my headphones and let my OCD take over with 400ft of Velcro, made for the most enjoyable project I’ve ever worked on.
12. What do you enjoy most about working at WingSwept? The most enjoyable part about working at WingSwept is how willing people are to help you. Quite the amazing team has been assembled here and I’m just happy that I can be a part of it.
If you want to learn more about the WingSwept team, visit our meet the team page.